The American Sports Builders Association (ASBA) is a non-profit association helping designers, builders, owners, operators and users understand quality sports facility construction. ASBA sponsors informative meetings and publishes newsletters, books and technical construction guidelines for athletic facilities.
Benefits members can use - ASBA continues to offer member benefits including:
- Four issues of Newsline every year
- Technical publications
- Position papers
- Private, members-only section of the website
- Free 'P.R. toolbox' with press materials members can customize to promote their organization throughout the year
- Information on upcoming projects
- Ability to provide links to our website (which in turn benefits members since it increases the number of hits members can get)
- ASBA logos
- Volunteer opportunities to serve on committees and special interest groups
- And much, much more!
ASBA has four separate divisions with niche-programming and benefits:
- Courts & Recreation Division
- Tennis Division
- Track Division
- Fields Division
The certified builder program was developed by ASBA in order to help raise professional standards and improve the practice of sports facility construction. ASBA currently offers five certification designations:
- Certified Tennis Court Builder (CTCB)
- Certified Track Builder (CTB)
- Certified Field Builder (CFB)
- Certified Field Builder - Natural Turf (CFB-N)
- Certified Field Builder - Synthetic Turf (CFB-S)
Technical Information + Education
ASBA is a reliable source of technical information for builders and customers. We provide a number of resources for each of our divisions including:
- Technical Guidelines
- Position Papers
- Construction and Maintenance Manuals:
- Tennis Courts
- Running Tracks
- Sports Fields
- Indoor Sports Surfaces
- Pickleball Courts
ASBA puts on some serious meetings:
- ASBA's Technical Meeting: Our Technical Meeting includes an exhibit hall with industry suppliers and several days of concurrent educational programs, with customized topics for each division. ASBA members can receive CEUs for such organizations as the American Institute of Architects (AIA). The Technical Meeting is held the first weekend of December.
Upcoming Technical Meetings:
- 2019 - December 5-10
ASBA Technical Meeting
Rosen Shingle Creek
- 2020 - December 3-8
ASBA Technical Meeting
San Antonio, TX
- ASBA's Winter Meeting provides educational and networking opportunities, as well as opportunities to participate in meetings that shape the future of the industry. Our Winter Meetings allow members to work on industry publications and make progress with our committees and divisions.
Upcoming Winter Meeting:
- 2020 - February 21-23
ASBA Winter Meeting
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Potential customers interested in building a tennis court, track, sports field or indoor facility contact ASBA to find builders, suppliers, and designers. These individuals can access ASBA’s online directory, through a variety of search options, including location and name. ASBA members can access a database of these information requests, as a member service.
Additionally, ASBA headquarters staff sends out the ASBA Membership Directory in response to these inquiries; and distributes directories at a number of industry trade shows.